Monday, July 6, 2015

WOMEN'S WORLD SOCCER....the WAY of the MEN!!

SO  YES  IT  WAS  A  RESOUNDING  SUCCESS..... FOR  WOMEN'S  WORLD  SOCCER ["FOOTBALL"  BUT  FOR  YOU  IN  NORTH  AMERICA]  AND  THE  CANADIAN  HOSTS.

MORE  WATCHED  IT;  MORE  TICKETS  SOLD  THAN  EVER  BEFORE;  ONE  BILLION  PEOPLE  WATCHED  THE  FINAL  BETWEEN  THE  USA  AND  JAPAN.

GREAT  WEATHER  FOR  THE  SO-CALLED  "LOVELY  GAME."

WELL...... I  GUESS  THEY  HAD  TO  COME  UP  WITH  SOME  KIND  OF  OUTSTANDING  NAME,  TO  IMPRINT  IT ON  THE  WORLD,  ESPECIALLY  AS  IT  IS  THE  WORLD'S  MOST  PAYED  GAME....INDEED  THE  SPORTS  GAME  OF  THE  WORLD.

THEY  ARE  SAYING  THE  WOMEN  ARE  NO  LONGER....SECOND  FIDDLE,  THE  ALSO  RAN,  TO  THE  MEN'S  SOCCER.

I  ONLY  WATCH  A  LITTLE [JUST  WAY  TOO  BUSY  HAVING  TO  MOVE  OUT  OF  MY  APARTMENT]   AND  IT WAS  SOON  VERY  OBVIOUS  TO  ME.......YES  THE  WOMEN  HAVE  COME  A  LONG  WAY  IN  THE  LAST  3  OR  4  YEARS..... THE  WRONG  WAY,  IN  THE  WRONG  DIRECTION.

AS  THEY  GET  UP  INTO  THE  PRO  LEAGUE,  WORLD  RECOGNITION,  THE  FAME  AND  THE  GLORY  OF  IT  ALL;  IT IS  GOING  INTO  THE  MEN'S  WORLD  SOCCER  ALRIGHT!

WHAT  DO  I  MEAN?

IT  IS  GOING  INTO  "WIN  AT  ALL  COSTS"  ATTITUDE;  IT  IS  GOING  ROUGHER,  PUSHING,  ARM  SWINGING,  AND  THOSE  REAL  NASTY  FOULS.

SORRY  TO  SAY  MUCH  OF  WORLD'S  SOCCER,  BOTH  WOMEN  AND  MEN,  IS  NO  LONGER  THE  "BEAUTIFUL  GAME"  --  WELL  NOW  AND  AGAIN  IT  IS,  YET  ONLY  NOW  AND  AGAIN.

NOW  I  DO  KNOW  WHAT  I'M  TALKING  ABOUT;  I  WAS CAPTAIN  OF  OUR  HIGH  SCHOOL  FOOTBALL [SOCCER]  TEAM,  IN  THE  1950s.  I  SAW  AND  WATCHED  THE  ENGLISH  DIVISION  ONE [NOW  CALLED  SOME  OTHER  NAME];  I  WATCHED  THE  GAMES  BETWEEN  THE  EUROPEAN  NATIONAL  TEAMS  PLAYING  ENGLAND;  I  WATCHED  THE  ENGLISH  LEAGUE  CUP  FINAL  AT  WEMBLEY  STADIUM  EACH  YEAR.

NOW  THOSE  WERE  THE  DAYS,  THE  YEARS,  WHEN  FOOTBALL [SOCCER]  WAS  INDEED  THE  BEAUTIFUL  GAME.  TACKLING  WAS  CLEAN,  NO  ARM  SWINGING,  SMASHING  AND  BASHING,  PUSHING  AND  SHOVING,  NO  SWEARING  AND  CURSING,  NO  DELIBERATE  FOULING,  NO  GRABBING  THE  OTHER  GUY'S  SHIRT,  NO  KNEES  IN  THE  BACK  OF  SOMEONE,  NO  GOING  FOR  THE  BALL  WITH  A  SLIDING  FOOT/FEET  WHEN  MILES  AWAY  FROM  THE  BALL,  TURNING  IT  INTO  A  FOUL.

SORRY  TO  HAVE  TO  PUT  IT  THIS  BLUNTLY,  BUT  I'VE  BEEN  THERE  AND  DONE  THAT.  I  KNOW  HOW  THE  GAME  SHOULD  BE  PLAYED..... AND  IT  IS  FAR  TOO  OFTEN  FAR  FROM  THE  BEAUTIFUL  GAME  IT  ONCE  WAS.

HENCE  I  SELDOM  WATCH  IT  TODAY;  AH  MAYBE  NOW  AND  AGAIN  IF  I  HAVE  TIME,  AND  I  DO  NOT  GET  DISGUSTED  WITH  THE  ROUGHNESS,  AND  TURN  IT  OFF.
...................

No comments:

Post a Comment