Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stretching for health

A friens wrote me and said as I wrote on health, but he's never seen a comment from me on S T R E T C H I N G.....................and did I do it?

My reply was INDEED I DO, AND I MUST MENTION IT ON MY BLOG.

As a teen I took the now old "Charles Atlas" Health and Strength course.

He was the first big strong man Mr.Universe, who used no weights to built his muscles and unbelievable strength. He used "dynamic tension" - pitting one muscle against another. He was nearly a fanatic on healthy food...said, "You are what you eat."

Well his course puts good emphasis on STRETCHING. He used to liken the cat that did stretching.


There are MANY stretching exercise you can do - yes make them up yourself if you want.

Now let me first say this: If you have back problems do not do them without medical opinion.

But if you are "normal" and reasonably fit - here's the ones I do:

Stand up straight and bend back as far as you can holding for a few seconds - strengthens the small of the back greatly.

Do the old "twist from side to side with hands clasped down behind you and give that extra twist.

Stand up straight arms up over your head pull to the right as you try to resist with the left arm and hand, then reverse it.

In a short while you will have a strong back.

Maybe do a search on the Internet and see if the Charles Atlas organization is still going and his course still available - it is truly great, I've still got mine.
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment