Sunday, November 28, 2021

POET'S CORNER #10


THE SWEET ROAD                       OF WISDOM



By Brooks Alden 


Overcoming Uncertainty-           1993



Oh, Loving God, what seek I in thy munificence

Must my heart beat so fearfully in uncertainty 

What say I when life turns its fury inward 

What know I of thy wisdom, thy power, thy love 

And who must to savour thy divine gifts


Cannot this maelstrom deep in my brain subside 

Is thy loving peace too elusive a gift to grasp 

Why think I well along thy sweet path of wisdom  

To find I am at but an early bend on thy road 

And who must I to savour thy divine gifts


So many temptations block thy narrow passageway 

Yet still I hunger to grasp thy Godly promise 

To relish thy peace of enduring tranquillity 

To soothe my heart in the purity of thy love 

For need I must to savour thy divine gifts


So on go I in search of thy grand munificence 

Find must I thy fountain of hallowed wisdom 

Feel I my heart beat wildly with anticipation 

Sensing thy power as it bathes my longing soul 

For need I must to savour thy divine gifts

......


 

THE FINDING OF LOST ISRAEL IN THE BRITISH RACE 


By Mary Sophia Brown



We thank Thee for the wondrous Light 

Thou sheddest forth to-day; 

Leading, as Thou hast ever done, Thy children on their way.


We thank Thee our eyes can trace 

Within Thy Sacred Word, 

Thy wondrous doings with our Race, 

That oft-times sinned and erred.


Speed, speed the breeze which thus shall spread 

The news so quickly round - 

"Lost ISRAEL, within our Race, 

True to Thy Word, is found."


We thank Thee for these latter days, 

When ISRAEL shall see Our brethren, 

JUDAH, join with us, Low bending at Thy knee.



E'en now, they're coming quickly forth, 

Thy Precious Name to own; 

Soon shall we all be one again, 

As Thine own Word hath shown.

......


                      ........................

                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment