Saturday, April 23, 2022

ALL ABOUT LOVE - MAN TOWARDS MAN #3

 

All about LOVE #10

Love of man towards man!

ALL ABOUT LOVE #10

LOVE OF MAN FOR NAN: 

Lev. 19:18. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I ant the
Lord. 34. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto
you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself,
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Deut. 10:19. Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were
strangers in the land of Egypt. 

Psa. 133:1. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren
to dwell together in unity 2. It is like the precious ointment
upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard:
that went down to the skirts of his garments; 3. As the dew of
Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion:
for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for
evermore.

Prov. 10:12. Hatred stirreth up strifes but love covereth all
sins.

Prov. 15:17. Better is a dinner of herbs, where love is, than a
stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Prov. 17:9. He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he
that repeateth a matter separateth very friends. 17. A friend
loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Song 8:6. Love is strong as death: jealousy is cruel as the
grave; the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most
vehement flame. 7. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can
the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his
house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

Matt. 5:41. Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him
twain. 42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would
borrow of thee turn not thou away. vs. 41-47.

Matt. 10:41, He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet
shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a
righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a
righteous man's reward. 42. And whosoever shall give to drink
unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the
name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, He shall in no wise
lose his reward.

Matt. 19:19. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 
Gal. 5:14.

Matt. 25:34. Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom
prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35. For I was
an hungred and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me
drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36. Naked, and ye
clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and
ye came unto me. 37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying,
Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and
gave thee drink? 38. When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee
in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39. Or when saw we thee sick, or
in prison, and came unto thee? 40. And the King shall answer and
say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it
unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto
me. vs. 34-40.

Mark 9:41. Whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my
name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he
shall not lose his reward.

Mark 12:30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all
thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31. And the second
is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
There is none other commandment greater than these. 32. And the
scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for
there is one God; and there is none other but he: 33. And to love
him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with
all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his
neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and
sacrifices.

Luke 6:31. As ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to
them likewise. 32. If ye love them which love you, what thank
have ye, 4 for sinners also love those that love them. 33. And if
ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have
ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34. And if ye lend to them
of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye for sinners also
lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35. But love ye your
enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and
your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the
Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Matt. 7:12.

Luke 10:36. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was
neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? 37. And he said,
He that chewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do
thou likewise. vs. 30-37.

John 13:14. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your
feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. 15. I have given
you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. 34. A
new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I
have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35. By this shall
all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to
another.

John 15:12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as
I have loved you. 13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a
man lay down his life for his friends. v.17.

Rom. 12:9. Let love be without dissimulation. 10. Be kindly
affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour
preferring one another.

Rom. 13:8. [You owe] Owe no man any thing, but to love one
another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9.
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill,
Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou
shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is
briefly comprehended in this saying,  namely, Thou shalt love
thy neighbour as thyself. 10. Love worketh no ill to his 
neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 Cor. 8:1. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

1 Cor. 13:1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of
angels, and have not charity [love], I am become as sounding
brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2. And though I have the gift of
prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and
though  I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and
have not charity, I am nothing. 3. And though I bestow all my
goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,
and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 4. Charity suf-
fereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth
not itself, is not puffed up, 5. Doth not behave itself unseemly,
seeketh not her own, is not easily  provoked, thinketh no evil;  
6. Rejoiceth  not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7.
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things,
endureth all thins. 8. Charity [love] never faileth: but whether
here be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues,
they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish
away. 9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10. But
when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part
shall be done away. 11. When I was a child, I spake as a child I
understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a
man, I put away childish things. 12. For now we see through a
glass, darkly; but then face to face: now in part; but then shall
I know even as also I am known. 13. And now abideth faith, hope,
charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity
[love].

1 Cor. 14:1. Follow after charity [love].

1 Cor. 16:14. Let all your things be done with charity [love].

2 Cor. 8:7. Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and
utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love
to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. 8. I speak not by
commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to
prove the sincerity of your love.

Gal. 5:13. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only
use not liberty for; an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve 
one another. 22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith [1] 26. Let us not be
desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one
another.  [1 R.V. faithfulness] 

Eph.5:2. Walk in love, as Christ also hip loved us, and hath
given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a
sweetsmelling savour.

Phil. 1:9. I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in
knowledge and in all judgment.

Phil. 2:2. Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the
same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Col. 2:2. That their hearts might be comforted, being knit
together in love.

Col. 3:12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and
beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind,
meekness, long suffering; 13. Forbearing one another, and
forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any.
even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. 14. Above all these
things put on charity [love] which is the bond of perfectness.

I Thess. 1:3. Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and
labour of love.

1 Thess. 3:12. The Lord make you to increase and abound in love
one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you.

1 Thess. 4:9. As touching brotherly love ye need not that I write
unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one
another.

1 Tim. 1:5. The end of the commandment is charity [love] out of a
pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 14.
The grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love
which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Tim. 2:15. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing,
if they continue in faith and charity [love] and holiness with
sobriety.

1 Tim. 4:12. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example
of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity [love]. 

1 Tim. 6:2. They that have believing masters, let them not
despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them
service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the
benefit. 11. Follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love,
patience, meekness.

2 Tim. 2:22. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness,
faith, charity [love].

Tit. 3:15. Greet them that love us in the faith.

Philem. 12. Receive him [Onesimus], that is, mine own bowels: 16.
Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved,
specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh,
and in the Lord?

Heb. 10:24. And let us consider one another to provoke unto love
and to good works.

Jas. 2:8. If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture,
Thou shah love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

I Pet. 1:22. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the
truth  1 through the spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, 
1 see that ye love one another a with a pure heart fervently:    
[R.V.1 omitted. 2 from the].

1 Pet. 2:17. Honour all men.  Love the brotherhood.

1 Pet. 3:8. Be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of
another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: v. 9.

1 Pet. 4:8. Have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity
shall cover the multitude of sins.

2 Pet. 1-7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly
kindness charity [love].

1 John 2:10. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and
there is none occasion of stumbling in him.  vs. 9,11.

1 John 3:11. This is the message that ye heard from the
beginning, that we should love one another. 14. We know that we
have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.  
He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.  16. Hereby
perceive we 1 the love 1 of God, because he laid down his life
for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17.
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have
need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how
dwelleth
the love of God in him?  18. My little children, let us not love
in word [only] neither in tongue [only], but in deed and in
truth. 23. Love one another, as he gave us commandment. v. 19.   

1 John 4-7. Let us love one another: for love is of God; and
every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 11. If God
so loved us, we ought also to love one an other. 12. If we love
one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a
liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how
can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21. And this commandment
have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 John 5:1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born
of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also
that is begotten of him. 2. By this we know that we love the
children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

2 John 5. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a
new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the
beginning, that we love one another.


EXEMPLIFICATION OF THE LOVE OF MAN FOR MAN: 

Ex. 32:31. And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this
people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
32. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me,
I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Psa. 133:1. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren
to dwell together in unity! vs. 2,3.

Prov. 24:17. Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not
thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: 18. Lest the LORD see it,
and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

Matt. 5:41. Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him
twain. 42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would
borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Matt. 10:41. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet
shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a
righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a
righteous man's reward. 42. And whosoever shall give to drink
unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the
name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, He shall in no wise
lose his reward.

Matt. 25:34. Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom
prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35. For I was
an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty. and ye gave me
drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36. Naked, and ye
clothed me: I was sick, and y e visited me: I was in prison, and
ye came unto me: 37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying,
Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and
gave thee drink? 38. When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee
in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39. Or when saw we thee sick, or
in prison, and came unto thee? 40. And the King shall answer and
say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it
unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto
me.  vs. 34-40.

Mark 9:41. Whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my
name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he
shall not lose his reward.

Luke 10:25. And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tempted
him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26.
He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou ?
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with
ail thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength,
and with all thy mind: and thy neighbour as thyself. 28. And he
said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt
live. 29. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus,
And who is my neighbour? 30. And Jesus answering said, A certain
man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves,
which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed,
leaving him half dead. 31. And by chance there came down a
certain priest that way and when he saw him, he passed by on the
other side. 32. And likewise a Levite,when he was at the place,
came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. 33. But
a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when
he saw him, he had compassion on him, 34. And went to him, and
bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his
own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35.
And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and
gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and
whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay
thee. 36. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour
unto him that fell among the thieves? 37. And he said, He that
chewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou
likewise.

Acts 20:26. I take you to record this day, that I am pure from
the blood of all men. 27. For I have not shunned to declare unto
you all the counsel of God. 31. Watch, and remember, that by the
space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day
with tears.

Acts 26:29. And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou,
but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and
altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

Rom. 1:12. That I may be comforted together with you by the
mutual faith both of you and me.

Rom. 5:7. Scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet
peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

Rom. 9:3. I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for
my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:   vs. 1,2.

Rom. 12:15. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them
that weep. 16. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not
high things, but condescend to men of low estate.

Rom. 14:19. Follow after the things which make for peace, and
things wherewith one may edify another. 21. It is good neither to
eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother
stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Rom.15:1. We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities
of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2. Let every one of us
please his neighbour for his good to edification. 5. The God of
patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward
another according to Christ Jesus: 7. Receive ye one another, as
Christ also received us to the glory of God. 14. I myself also am
persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness,
filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 15.
Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you
in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that
is given to me of God, 24. I trust to see you in my journey, and
to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be
somewhat filled with your company. 32. That I may come unto you
with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.

Rom.16:1. I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant
of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2. That ye receive her in the
Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye  assist her in whatsoever
business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of
many, and of myself also. 8. Greet Amplias my beloved in the
Lord. 19. Your obedience is come abroad unto all men.  I am glad
therefore on your behalf: vs. 1-16; Col. 4:7.

1 Cor. 1:4. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace
of God which is given you by Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 4:14. I write not these things to shame you, but as my
beloved sons I warn you. 15. For though ye have ten thousand
instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in
Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16.
Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Cor. 8:13. If meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no
flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

1 Cor. 10:24. Let no man seek his own, but every man another's
wealth.

2 Cor. 1:3. Blessed be God 4. Who comforteth us in all our
tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any
trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of
God. 5. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our
consolation also aboundeth by Christ. 6. And whether we be
afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is
effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also
suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation
and salvation. 14. Ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are
your rejoicing, even as ye also are our's in the day of the Lord
Jesus. vs. 23,24.

2 Cor. 2:4. Out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote
unto you with many tears, not that ye should be grieved, but that
ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.    
vs. 1-17.

2 Cor. 3:2. Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and
read of all men.

2 Cor. 4:5. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the
Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2 Cor. 6:4. But in all things approving ourselves as the
ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in
necessities, in distresses, 5. In stripes, in imprisonments, in
tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6. By pureness,
by knowledge, by longsuffering. by kindness, by the Holy Ghost,
by love unfeigned, 11. O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto
you, our heart is enlarged. 12. Ye are not straitened in us, but
ye are straitened in your own bowels. 13. Now for a recompence in
the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

2 Cor. 7:1. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let
us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit.
perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2. Receive us; we have
wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no
man. 3. I speak not this to condemn you for I have said before,
that ye are in our hearts to die and live with you. 4. Great is
my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glory of you: 7.
And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he
was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your
mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the
more. 12. Though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause
that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong,
but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto
you.

2 Cor.11:2. I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have
espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
virgin to Christ.

2 Cor. 12:14. The third time I am ready to come to you; and I
will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not your's, but you:
for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the
parents for the children. 15. I will very gladly spend and be
spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I
be loved. 16. But be it so, I did  not burden you: nevertheless,
being crafty, I caught you with guile. 19. We do all things,
dearly beloved, for your edifying. 20. For I fear, lest, when I
come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be
found unto you such as ye would not: 21. And lest, when I come
again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail
many which have sinned already.

2 Cor.13:9. We are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and
this [1] also we wish, even your [2] perfection. [R. V. 1 we also
pray for  2  perfecting].

Gal. 4:11. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you
labour in vain. 12. Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am
as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13. Ye know how through
infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the
first. 14. And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised
not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as
Christ Jesus. 15. Where is then the blessedness ye speke of? for
I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have
plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16. Am I
therefore become your enemy, because Itell you the truth? 19. My
little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be
formed in you, 20. I desire to be present with you now, and to
change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you. vs. 11-20.

Gal. 6:1. If a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are
spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness;
considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2. Bear ye one
another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 10. As we
have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men,
especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Eph. 3:13. I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you,
which is your glory. 

Eph.4:2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering:
forbearing one another in love; 32. Be ye kind one to another,
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's
sake hath forgiven you.

Eph. 6:22. Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye
might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
v. 24.

Phil. 1:3. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4.
Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with
joy, 5. For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day
until now; 7. I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my
bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all
are partakers of my grace. 8. For God is my record, how greatly I
long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 23. For I am in
a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with
Christ; which is far better: 24. Nevertheless to abide in the
flesh is more needful for you. 25. And having this confidence, I
know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your
furtherance and joy of faith; 26. That your rejoicing may be more
abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

Phil. 2:19. I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly
unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your
state.

Phil. 3:18. Many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now
tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of
Christ.

Phil. 4:1. My brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and
crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

Col. 1:3. We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, praying always for you, 4. Since we heard of your faith
in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,
24. Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that
which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his
body's sake, which is the church: 28. Whom we preach, warning
every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may
present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29. Whereunto I also
labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me
mightily.

Col. 2:1. I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for
you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen
my face in the flesh; 5. Though I be absent in the flesh, yet am
I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and
the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

1 Thess. 1:3. Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and
labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in
the sight of God and our Father: 4. Knowing, brethren beloved,
your election of God.

1 Thess. 2:7. We were, gentle among you, even as a nurse
cherisheth her children: 8. So being affectionately desirous of
you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of
God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
11. Ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one
of you, as a father, doth his children, 12. That ye would walk
worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.   
17. We, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in
presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see
your face with great desire. 18. Wherefore we would have come 
unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.    
19. What is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even
ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? 20.
For ye are our glory and joy.

1 Thess. 3:5. When I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your
faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our
labour be in vain. 7. Brethren, we were comforted over you in all
our affliction and distress by your faith: 8. For now we live,
if ye stand fast in the Lord. 9. For what thanks can we render to
God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your
sakes before our God, 10. Night and day praying exceedingly that
we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking
in your faith? 12. The Lord make you to increase and abound in
love one toward another, and toward all nzen, even as we do
toward you.

1 Thess. 5:8. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting
on the breastplate of faith and love; 11. Comfort yourselves
together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 14. Now we
exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the fee- 
bleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

2 Thess. 1:4. We ourselves glory in you in the churches of God
for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and
tribulations that ye endure.

Tim. 1:5. The end of the commandment is charity out of a pure
heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

1 Tim. 5:9. Let not a widow, be taken into the number under
threescore years old, having been the wife of one man, 10. Well
reported of for good works; if she have ... lodged strangers, if
she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the
afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

1 Tim. 6:2. They that have believing masters, let them not
despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them
service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the
benefit. 11. Follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love,
patience, meekness.

2 Tim. 1:3. I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with
pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee
in my prayers night and day; 4. Greatly desiring to see thee,
being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; 8. Be
not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of
me his prisoner.

2 Tim. 2:10. I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they
may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with
eternal glory.

Philem. 8. Though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin thee
that which is convenient, 9. Yet for love's sake I rather beseech
thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner
of Jesus Christ. 12. Whom I have sent again: thou therefore
receive him, that is, mine own bowels: 16. Not now as a servant,
but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how
much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord? 17. If
thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself. 18. If
he bath wronged thee, or oweth thee aught, put that on mine
account, 19. I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will
repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even
thine own self besides.  20. Yea, brother, let me have joy of
thee in the Lord: refresh my bowels in the Lord.  21. Having
confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou
wilt also do more than I say.

Heb. 5:2. Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them
that are out of the way, for that he himself also is compassed
with infirmity.

Heb. 6:9. Beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and
things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. 10. For
God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love,
which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered
to the saints, and do minister.

Heb. 13:1. Let brotherly love continue. 2. Be not forgetful to
entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels
unawares. 3. Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them:
and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the
body. 22. I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation
for I have written a letter unto you in few words.

Jas. 1:27. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father
is this. To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,
and to keep himself unspotted from the world. 

..........

NOTE:

Ah indeed the MANY verses in the Bible on the subject of LOVE! It
is not always easy to obtain the mark of following in spirit and
action all those verses. We are still flesh, and the weakness of
the flesh sometimes gains the upper-hand, and we do not love as
we should. I think the hardest part of love is loving our enemies
or those who do us wrong, harm, or just do not like us for
whatever reason. Such situations can happen "in the church" and I
have written articles to help us solve our "love problems" with
even brethren. It can be yet still harder when we have enemies
that are not in the church. To feel bitterness, un-righteous
anger, revenge of different sorts, can all be a part of human
nature that wants to be un-loving. We must at these times really
seek the Lord, pray for strength to put away hard feelings
towards our enemies. We must cry out for the peace of God to fill
our heart and mind. We must try and remember that most of our
enemies are spiritually blinded, they are also filled with human
nature that if not guided by the Spirit of God, they just let run
amuck, and that can express itself in words and actions that are
anything but nice towards us. We have to remember we need to
forgive for as Jesus said, if we cannot forgive how can we expect
God the Father to forgive us.

To be more loving we need to admit to ourselves we are not being
loving .... it's taking an honest look at ourselves, when in a
unloving mind-set, and acknowledging we have a wrong attitude.
That is the first step to putting away an un-loving spirit. Then
we must repent of it, even asking God to give us the attitude of
a forgiving spirit and true repentance of our sin of an un-loving
mind-set.

Some of the physical things we can do when we feel we have not
love in our attitude: sit and listen to soft relaxing music; if
the weather is nice, go out in the country or into a lovely park,
and soak in the beauty of nature; if the weather is not good for
that, watch a nice DVD movie on the nature of our wonderful
planet. On yes, maybe you'd like to relax in the bathtub while
listening to soft soothing music. Think about all the positive
things going for you in life, and the people who do love you.
Maybe sit and read the Psalms and certainly for most of us, we
can realize we nowhere near have the un-loving enemies in our
life that king David had in his lifetime. And we can read the
inspiring and uplifting Psalms, which are many.

We could also use good funny movies to help us change our mind-
set if we find ourselves with an un-loving attitude. Being around
our friends that are positive and happy and fun-loving people,
helps to cast off the burden of the sin of an un-loving nature.
If you cannot put yourself in their company for whatever reason,
then a good funny movie will help you - laughter and fun helps to
bring in the good emotions in our heart and mind.

We also have to reduce STRESS in our lives to kick-off the blues
and an attitude of resentment or having that un-loving attitude
of mind. Hence to throw off stress we again have to examine what
we are doing in life that is bringing about stress, and then we
need to sit down in a serious matter-of-fact way to CHANGE what
needs to be changed to reduce stress. For some under large stress
maybe professional help will be needed. So then we have to admit
to ourselves we need professional help to move out of our
stressful life.

Well, these are some of the things we can do to put away an un-
loving attitude of mind.

IT IS WRITTEN GOD IS LOVE, AND HE WANTS YOU TO HAVE HIS LOVE IN
YOU. AS YOU DRAW CLOSER TO HIM AND CHRIST JESUS, AS YOU ALLOW
MORE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TO FILL YOUR MIND, YOU CAN BE, YOU WILL
BE, A LOVING PERSON.

Keith Hunt

September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment