Saturday, April 23, 2022

ALL ABOUT LOVE - THERE IS MUCH REVEALED #2

 LOVE - the Scriptures #1

So MANY verses on the topic!

LOVE #7

LOVE OF GOD: A DIGEST OF:

Deut. 4:37. Because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose
their seed after them, Deut. 9:29; 1 Kin. 8:51-53.

Deut. 7:7. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose
you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were
the fewest of all people: 8. But because the LORD loved you, 13.
And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee.

Deut. 10:15. The LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them,
and he chose their seed after them, 18. He doth execute the
judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in
giving him food and raiment.

Deut. 23:5. The LORD thy God turned the curse into a blessing
unto thee, because the LORD thy God loved thee.

Deut. 33:3. Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy
hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of
thy words. 12. The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by
him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall
dwell between his shoulders.

2 Sam. 12:24. He called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved
him. Neh. 13:26. 

Job 7:17. What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that
thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?

Psa. 42:8. The LORD will command his lovingkindness in the
daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me.

Psa. 47:4. He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency
of Jacob whom he loved.

Psa. 63:3. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my
lips shall praise thee. 

Psa. 78:65. The LORD . . . 68. Chose the tribe of Judah, the
mount Zion which he loved. vs.61.62.

Psa. 89:33. My lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him,
nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

Psa. 103:13. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD
pitieth them that fea him.

Psa. 146:8. The LORD loveth the righteous.

Prov. 15:9. He loveth him that followet after righteousness.

Isa. 38:17. Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou
hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption:
fo thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

Isa. 43:4. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been
honourable, and have loved thee: therefore will I give men for
thee, and people for thy life.

Jer. 31:3. Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: 
therefore with lovingkindness have drawn thee.

Hos. 11:1. When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called
my son out of Egypt.

Mal. 1:2. I have loved you, saith the LORD.

John 3:16. God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.

John 5:20. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all
things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater work than
these, that ye may marvel.

John 14:21. He that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I
will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 23. If a man love
me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we
will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 16:27. The Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved
me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 17:10. All mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am
glorified in them. 23. That the world may know that thou hast
sent me, and hast loved them, as thou halt loved me. 26. That the
love wherewith thou halt loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 20:17. I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my
God and your God. 

Rom. 1:7. Beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and
peace from God our Father.

Rom. 5:8. God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom. 9:13. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I
hated. (In the sense of not calling him for the work God had in
mind - Keith Hunt)

Rom. 11:28. As touching the election, they are beloved for the
fathers' sakes.

2 Cor. 9 7. God loveth a cheerful giver.

2 Cor. 13:11. The God of love and peace shall be with you.

Eph. 2:4. God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith
he loved us, 5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us
together with Christ.

2 Thess. 2:16. God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and
hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through
grace.

Tit. 3:4. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour
toward man appeared, 5. Not by works of righteousness which we
have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing
of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Heb. 12:6. Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth.

1 John 3:1. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed
upon us.

1 John 4:8. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that
God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live
through him. 10. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that
he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our
sins. 12. God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in
us. 13. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us,
because he hath given us of his Spirit. 15. Whosoever shall
confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he
in God. 16. And we have known and believed the love that God hath
to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God,
and God in him. 19. We love him, because he first loved us. 

Jude 21. Keep yourselves in the love of God.

Rev. 3:12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple
of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him
the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God.

Rev. 14:1. With him an hundred forty and four thousand, having
his Father's name written in their foreheads.


LOVE OF GOD, EXEMPLIFIED: 

Gen. 17:7. I will establish my covenant between me and thee and
thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting
covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Ex. 3:6. I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God
of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Gen. 46:3.

Ex. 6:7. I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you
a God: Ex. 29: 45,46.

Ex. 19:4. Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I
bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. 5. Ye
shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: 6. Ye
shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.

Lev. 20:26. Ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and
have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. v.
24.

Lev. 22:32. I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am
the LORD which hallow you. 33. That brought you out of the land
of Egypt, to be your God: Lev. 11: 44.45; 25:38. Num. 15:41.

Lev. 25:23. The land is mine; for ye are strangers and sojourners
with me. 42. They are my servants, which I brought forth out of
the land of Egypt: they shall not be sold as bondmen.  v. 55.

Lev. 26:12. I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye
shall be my people.

Deut. 4:20. The LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of
the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of
inheritance, as ye are this day. 34. Hath God assayed to go and
take him, a nation from the midst of another nation according to
all that the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?
37. Because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed
after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty
power out of Egypt; Deut. 929; 1 Kin. 8:51-53.

Deut. 7:7. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose
you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were
the fewest of all people: 8. But because the LORD loved you, 13.
And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee.

Deut. 10:15. The LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them,
and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as
it is this day.

Deut. 142. Thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the
LORD chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all
the nations that are upon the earth. Deut.7:6.

Deut. 23:5. The LORD thy God turned the curse into a blessing
unto thee, because the LORD thy God love thee.

Deut. 26:18. The LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his
peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou
shouldest keep all his commandments; 19. And to make thee high
above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and
in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD
thy God, as he hath spoken.

Deut. 27:9. Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art
become the people of the LORD thy God.

Deut. 28:9. The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto
himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the
commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. 10. And
all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the
name of the LORD, Deut. 29:13.

Deut. 32:9. The LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of
his inheritance. 10. He found him in a desert land, and in the
waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he
kept him as the aple of his eye. 11. As an eagle stirreth up her
nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings,
taketh them, beareth them on her wings: 12. So the LORD alone did
lead him.

Dent. 33:3. Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy
hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of
thy words. 12. The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by
him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall
dwell between his shoulders.

2 Sam. 7:23. What one nation in the earth is like thy people,
even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for apeople to himself,
24. Far thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a
people unto thee for ever: and thou, LORD, art become their God.

2 Sam. 12:24. He called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him.
Neh. 13:26. 

Psa. 4:3. The LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself.

Psa. 31:19. Oh, how great is thy goodness; which thou hast laid
up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that
trust in thee before the sons of men! 21. Blessed be the LORD:
for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

Psa. 42:8. The LORD will command his lovingkindness in the
daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me.

Psa. 47:4. He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency
of Jacob whom he loved.

Psa. 48:9. We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the
midst of thy temple. 14. This God is our God for ever and ever:
he will be our guide even unto death.

Psa. 50:5. Gather my saints together unto me, those that have
made a covenant with me by sacrifice. 7. Hear, O my people, and I
will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am, God,
even thy God.

Psa. 63:3. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my
lips shall praise thee. 

Psa. 73:1. Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a
clean heart.

Psa. 74:2. Remember thy congregation which thou halt purchased of
old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this
mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

Psa. 78:65. Then the Lord ... 68. Chose the tribe of Judah, the
mount Zion which he loved. vs. 61,62.

Psa. 81:13. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel  
walked in my ways.

Psa. 89:33. My lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him,
nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

Psa. 90:1. LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all
generations.

Psa. 100:3. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath
made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep
of his pasture. Psa. 79:13: 95:7.

Psa. 103:4. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth
thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies.

Psa. 105:6. O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of
Jacob his chosen.

Psa. 1142. Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.

Psa. 135:4. The LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel
for his peculiar treasure.

..........

To be continued


LOVE - the Scriptures #2

So MANY verses on the topic!

LOVE #8

GOD'S LOVE EXEMPLIFIED

Continued from previous page:


Psa. 148:14. He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise
of all his saints; even of, the children of Israel, a people near
unto him.

Prov, 11:20. Such as are upright in their way are his delight.

Prov. 15:9. He loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

Isa. 5:7. The vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of
Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant.

Isa. 41:8. Thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have
chosen. the seed of Abraham my friend. 9. Thou whom I have taken
from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men
thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen
thee, and not cast thee away. 10. Fear thou not; for I am with
thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God.

Isa. 43:1. Thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he
that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I
have called thee by thy name: thou art mine. 2. When thou passest
through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers,
they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire,
thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon
thee. 3. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy
Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been
honorable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for
thee, and people for thy life. 7. Every one that is called by my
name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him;
yea, I have made him.

Isa. 44:1. Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I
have chosen: 2. Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed
thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacoh, my
servant; and thou, Jerusalem, whom I have chosen. 21. I have
formed thee; thou are my eervant: O Israel, thou shalt not be
forgotten of me. 22. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy
transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I
have redeemed thee.

Isa, 48:12. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called.

Isa. 49:13. Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break
forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his
people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. 14. But Zion
said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
15. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not
have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet
will I not forget thee. 16. Behold, I have graven thee upon the
palms of my hand; thy walls are continually before me. 17. Thy
children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee
waste shall go forth of thee.

Isa. 51:16. I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that
I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth,
and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Isa. 54:5. Thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his
name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; 6. The LORD hath
called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife
of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. 10. The
mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness
shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my
peace be removed, saith the Lord that has mercy on thee.

Isa. 62:4. Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken, neither shall
thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called
Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee,
and thy land shall be married. 5. As the bridegroom rejoiceth
over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Isa. 63:7. I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and
the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath
bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of
Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies,
and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. 8. For he
said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so
he was their Saviour. 9. In all their affliction he was
afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love
and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried
them all the days of old.

Isa. 65:19. I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people:
and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the
voice of crying.

Isa. 66:13. As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort
you.

Jer. 3:14. Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am
married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a
family, and I will bring you to Zion 15. And I will give you
pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with
knowledge and understanding.

Jer. 10:16. The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the
former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance.
Jer. 51:19.

Jer. 13:11. As the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have
I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the
whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me
for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory.

Jer. 15:16. I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jer. 31:3. Yea, I have loved thee with as everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have drawn thee. 14. I will satiate
the soul of the priests with fatness, and my people shall be
satisfied with my goodness. 32. I was an husband unto them, saith
the LORD.

Jer. 32:41. I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will
plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my
whole soul.

Ezek. 16:8. When I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold,
thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee,
and covered thy nakedness: yea, I aware unto thee, and entered
into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest
mine. vs. 1-14.

Ezek. 34:31. Ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I
am your God, saith the LORD God.

Ezek. 3727. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be
their God, and they shall be my people.

Hos. 2:19. I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will
betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in
lovingkmdness, and in mercies. 20. I will even betroth thee unto
me in faithfulness and thou shalt know the LORD.  23. I will say
to them which were not my people, Thou are my people; and they
shall say, Thou art my God.   1 Pet. 2:10.

Hos. 9:10. I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw
your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time.

Hos. 11:1. When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called
my son out of Egypt. 3. I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them 
by their arms; 4. [I] drew them with cords of a man, with bands of
love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their
jaws, and I laid meat unto them. [1 R.V. on my]

Zeph. 3:17. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he
will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in
his love, he will joy over thee with singing. 

Hag. 2:23. In that day... will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my
servant... and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen
thee, saith the LORD of hosts.

Zech. 1:14. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for
Jerusalem and for Zion with great jealousy.

Zech. 2:8. He that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

Zech. 8:8. They shall be my people, and I will be their God, in
truth and in righteousness. Jer.30:22.

Zech. 13:9. I will bring the third part through the fire, and
will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold
is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I
will say, It is my people and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Mal. 12. I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein
hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother  saith the LORD:
yet I loved Jacob, 3. And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains
and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

(God hated Esau in the sense he was not going to use him as like
he used Jacob - Keith Hunt)

Mal. 3:16. The LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of
remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD,
and that thought upon his name. 17. They shall be mine, saith the
LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will
spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Matt, 18:11. [1] For the Son of man is come to save that which was
lost. 12. How think ye, if a man have an hundred sheep, and one
of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine,
and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone
astray? 13. And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you.
he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine
which went not astray. 14. Even so it is not the will of your
Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should
perish.
[1 Omitted In R. V.]

Luke 15:4. What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose
one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the
wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5.
And when he hath found it, he laveth it on his shoulders,
rejoicing 6. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his
friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I
have found my sheep which was lost. 7. I say unto you, that
likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth,
more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no
repentance. 11. And he said, A certain man had two sons: 12. And
the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the
portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his
living. 13. And not many days after the younger son gathered all
together, and took his journey into a far country, and there
wasted his substance with riotous living. 14. And when he had
spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and
he began to be in want, 15 And he went and joined himself to a
citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed
swine. 16. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks
that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him, 17. And when he
came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's
have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger 18. I
will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I
have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 19, And am no more
worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired
servants. 20. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he
was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had comassion,
and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21. And the son
said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy
sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22. But the
father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put
it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:    
23. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us
eat, and be merry: 24. For this my son was dead, and is alive
again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.    
25. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew
nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. 26. And he called
one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. 27. And
he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed
the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

John 14:21. He that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I
will love him, 23. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and
my Father will love him, and we will come unto him.

John 16:27. The Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved
me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 17:10. All mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am
glorified in them. 23. That the world may know that thou hast
sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 26. That the
love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Rom.1:7. To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be
saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.

Rom. 5:8. God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom. 8:31. If God be for us, who can be against us 32. He that
spared not his own Son. but delivered him up for us all, how
shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 39. Nor
height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to
separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our
Lord.

Rom.11:28. As touching the election, they are beloved for the
fathers' sakes.

1 Cor. 2:9. Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have
entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared
for them that love him.  Isa. 64:4.

1 Cor. 3:9. Ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

1 Cor. 6.19. Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy
Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your
own 20. For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God
in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Cor. 7:23.

2 Cor. 5:18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to
himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of
reconciliation; 19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling
the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them
and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20. Now
then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you
by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.   
21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that
we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Cor. 6:16. Ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath
said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their
God, and they shall be my people.

2 Cor. 13:14. The love of God, and the communion of the Holy
Ghost, be with you all.

Eph. 1:3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly
places in Christ: 4. According as he hath chosen us in him before
the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without
blame before him in love: 5. Having predestinated us unto the
adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according
to the good pleasure of his will.  6. To the praise of the glory
of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Col. 3:12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and
beloved, bowels of mercies. 

Heb. 11:16. God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he
hath prepared for them a city.

Jas. 1:18. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth,
that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
..........

To be continued

OH INDEED THE LOVE OF GOD IS WIDE, DEEP, HIGH, AND FULL. IT IS
WRITTEN HE DOES NOT DESIRE ANYONE TO PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD
COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH AND TO REAL REPENTANCE, AND SO
FIND ETERNAL LIFE IN HIS KINGDOM - Keith Hunt


LOVE - the Scriptures #3

LOVE towards God and Jesus

LOVE #9


LOVE OF MAN FOR GOD: 

Ex. 20:6. Shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and
keep my commandments. Deut. 5:10.

Dent. 6:5. And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine
heart, and with all thy soul, and with. all thy might.

Deut. 7:9. Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the
faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that
love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.

Deut. 10:12. What doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to
fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him,
and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy
soul.

Deut. 11:1. Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep
his charge, and his statutes.

Deut. 13:3. The LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye
love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your
soul.

Deut. 30:6. The LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the
heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart,
and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. vs. 16, 20.

Josh. 22:5. Take diligent heed to . . . love the LORD your God,
and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to
cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with
all your soul. Deut. 11:1, 13, 22.

Josh. 23:11. Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye
love the LORD your God. 

Psa. 18:1. I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.

Psa. 31:23. O love the LORD, all ye his saints.

Psa. 37:4. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give
thee the desires of thine heart.

Psa. 45:10. Forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
11. So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy
Lord; and worship thou him. See Song of Solomon.

Psa. 63:5. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 6. When I
remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night
watches.

Psa. 69:35. For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of
Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession. 36.
The seed also of his servants shall inherit it and they that love
his name shall dwell therein.

Psa. 73:25. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none
upon earth that I desire beside thee. 26. My flesh and my heart
faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for
ever.

Psa. 91:14. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will
I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my
name.

Psa. 97:10. Ye that love the LORD, hate evil.

Psa. 116:1. I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and
my supplications. 

Psa. 145:20. The LORD preserveth all them that love him.

Prov. 8:17. I love them that love me; and those that seek me
early shall find me. 

Prov. 23:26. My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes
observe my ways.

Isa. 56:6. The sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the
LoRD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LoRD, to be his
servants, every one that keepeth the Sabbath from poll uting it,
and taketh hold of my covenant. 7. Even them will I bring to my
holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their
burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine
altar. 

Jer. 2:2. Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith
the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of
thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in
a land that was not sown. 3. Israel was holiness unto the LORD,
and the firstfruits of his increase.

Mark 12:29. Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments
is, Hear, G Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30. And thou
shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy
soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is
the first commandment. 32. And the scribe said unto him, Well,
Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there
is none other but he. 33. To love him with all the heart, and
with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all
the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than
all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. Matt. 22:37,38.

Luke 11:42. Ye tithe mint and rue, and all manner of herbs, and
pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have
done, and not to leave the other undone.

John 5:42. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in
you.

Rom. 5:5. And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is
shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto
us.

Rom. 8:28. And we know that all things work together for good to
them that love God.

1 Cor. 8:3. But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Phil. 1:9. I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in
knowledge and in all judgment.

2 Thess. 3:5. The Lord direct your hearts into the love of God,
and into the patient waiting for Christ.

2 Tim. 1:7. God bath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 John 2:5. Whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of
God perfected hereby know we that we are in him. 15. If any man
love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 3:17. Whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother
have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how
dwelleth the love of God in him? 18. My little children, let us
not love in word (only) neither in tongue (only); but in deed and
in truth.

LOVE OF MAN FOR JESUS

1 John 4:12. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his
love is perfected in us. 16. We have known and believed the love
that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love
dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17. Herein is our love made
perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment:
because as he is, so are we in this world. 18. There is no fear
in love; but perfect love casteth out fear because fear hath
torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19. We love
him, because he first loved us. 20. If a man say, I love God, and
hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his
brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not
seen? 21. And this commandment have we from him, That he who
loveth God love his brother also.

1 John 5:1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is
born (begotten) of God: and every one that loveth him that begat
loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2. By this we know that
we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his
commandments. 3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his
commandments.

2 John 6. This is love, that we walk after his commandments.

Jude 21. Keep yourselves in the love of God.

Matt. 10:37. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not
worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is
not worthy of me. v. 38.

Matt. 25:34. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom .prepared for
you from the foundation of the world 35. For I was an hungred,
and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a
stranger, and ye took me in: 36. Naked, and ye clothed me: I was
sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw
we thee an hungred, and fed thee ? or thirsty, and gave thee
drink? 38. When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or
naked, and clothed thee? 39. Or when saw we thee sick, or in
prison, and came unto thee? 40. And the King shall answer and say
unto them, Verily say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto
one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matt. 27:55. And many women were there beholding afar off, which
followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him: 56. Among
which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses,
and the mother of Zebedee's children. 57. When the even was come,
there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also
himself was Jesus' disciple: 58. He went to Pilate, and begged
the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be
delivered. 59. And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it
in a clean linen cloth, 60. And laid it in his own new tomb,
which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to
the door of the sepulchre, and departed. 61. And there was Mary
Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the
sepulchre.

Mark 9:41. Whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my
name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he
shall not lose his reward.

Luke 2:29. Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace,
according to thy word: 30. For mine eyes have seen thy salvation.

Luke 7:47. Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved
much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

John 8:42. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye
would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither
came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:15. If ye love me, keep my commandments. 21. He that hath
my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and
he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love
him, and will manifest myself to him. 23. If a man love me, he
will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come
unto him. and make our abode with him. 28. . . . If ye loved me,
ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father.

John 15:9. As the Father hath loved me, so have 1 loved you;
continue ye in my love. 

John 16:27. The Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved
me.

John 17:26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will
declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in
them, and I in them.

John 21:17. Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I
love thee.

Acts 21:13. I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at
Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

1 Cor. 16:22. If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him
be Anathema Maranatha.

2 Cor. 5:8. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be
absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. [v. 6.]
14. The love of Christ constraineth us, because we thus judge,
that if one died for all, I then were as dead: 15. And that he
died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live
unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose
again. [I R. V. therefore all died;] 

Gal. 5:6. In Jesus Christ neither circumcsion availeth any thing,
nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. 22. The
fruit of the Spirit is love.

Gal. 6:14. God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of
our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me,
and I unto the world.

Eph. 3:17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that
ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to
comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and
depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which
passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness
of God.

Eph. 4:15. Speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in
all things, which is the head, even Christ.

Eph. 6:24. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ
in sincerity. 

Phil. 1:9. I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in
knowledge and in all judgment.

Phil. 1:23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to
depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: vs. 20,21.

Phil. 3:7. What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for
Christ. 8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the
excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I
have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung,
that I may win Christ.

Col. 1:8. Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.

2 Thess. 3:5. The Lord direct your hearts into the love of God,
and into the patient waiting for Christ.[1 R. V. patience of]

2 Tim. 1:13. Hold fast the form of sound words, . . . in faith
and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Tim. 4:8. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of
righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me
at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love
his appeasing.

Philem. 5. Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward
the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints.

Heb. 6:10. God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour
of love, which ye have spewed toward his name, in that ye have
ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Jas. 1:12. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when
he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord
hath promised to them that love him.

Jas. 2:5. Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the
poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which
he hath promised to them that love him?

1 Pet. 1:8. Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye
see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and
full of glory.

1 Pet. 2:7. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious.

Rev. 2:4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou
hast left thy first love.

INSTANCES OF LOVE FOR JESUS: Mary, Matt. 26:6-13; John 12:3-8;
Luke 10:39. Peter, Matt. 17:4; John 13:37; 18:10; 20:3-6; 21:7.
Thomas, John 11:16. The disciples, Mark 16:10; Luke 24:17-41;
John 20:20. Mary Magdalene and other disciples.
..........

To be continued

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment