Monday, April 3, 2023

PASSOVER--- SPIRITUAL SONGS #18

 WE'VE A STORY TO TELL TO THE NATIONS


  1. We’ve a story to tell to the nations,
    That shall turn their hearts to the right,
    A story of truth and mercy,
    A story of peace and light,
    A story of peace and light.
    • Refrain:
      For the darkness shall turn to dawning,
      And the dawning to noonday bright;
      And Christ’s great kingdom shall come on earth,
      The kingdom of love and light.
  2. We’ve a song to be sung to the nations,
    That shall lift their hearts to the Lord,
    A song that shall conquer evil
    And shatter the spear and sword,
    And shatter the spear and sword.
  3. We’ve a message to give to the nations,
    That the Lord who reigns up above
    Has sent us His Son to save us
    And show us that God is love,
    And show us that God is love.
  4. We’ve a Savior to show to the nations,
    Who the path of sorrow has trod,
    That all of the world’s great peoples
    Might come to the truth of God,
    Might come to the truth of God.
  5. ....................
  6. Author: H. Ernest Nichol

    H. Ernest Nichol (b. Hull, Yorkshire, England, 1862; d. Skirlaugh, Yorkshire, England, 1926) had begun a study program in civil engineering when he decided to study music instead. In 1888 he received a bachelor's degree in music from Oxford University. Nichol wrote some 130 hymn tunes and texts, many under the pseudonym “Colin Sterne” (derived from his middle and last name); many were first sung at church school programs. Psalter Hymnal Handbook…


REDEEMED

  1. Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
    Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
    Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
    His child and forever I am.
    • Refrain:
      Redeemed, redeemed,
      Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
      Redeemed, redeemed,
      His child and forever I am.
  2. Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus,
    No language my rapture can tell;
    I know that the light of His presence
    With me doth continually dwell.
  3. I think of my blessed Redeemer,
    I think of Him all the day long:
    I sing, for I cannot be silent;
    His love is the theme of my song.
  4. I know I shall see in His beauty
    The King in whose law I delight;
    Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
    And giveth me songs in the night.
  5. I know there’s a crown that is waiting
    In yonder bright mansion for me,
    And soon, with the spirits made perfect,
    At home with the Lord I shall be.

Redeemed, How I Love to Proclaim It, was written by Fanny Crosby. You may have also seen the hymn referred to as Redeemed.

Fanny Crosby was a prolific poet and hymn writer.

A Young Fanny Crosby

Fanny Crosby was born on March 24, 1820 in Brewster, New York. At the age of six weeks old, she caught a cold that led to inflammation in her eyes. An incompetent doctor applied a poultice to her eyes that left her blinded.

Crosby wrote her first poem at the tender age of eight. This was the first poem in what would become over 9,000 hymns Fanny Crosby wrote over her lifetime. Some of her other well known songs include To God Be the Glory, Safe in the Arms of Jesus, All the Way the Savior Leads MeJesus Keep Me Near the CrossRescue the Perishing and Blessed Assurance.

From a young age, Crosby learned about the love of God at the knee of her grandmother, who would read to her from the Bible and taught her how to pray.

While Fanny Crosby is considered the hymn queen, she was 40 years old before she began writing hymns. She’d been known for writing Patriotic and political songs, as well as other popular songs and poetry before this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment