Saturday, September 18, 2021

POET'S CORNER #6

 

The Poet's Corner 

Prose of Inspiration!

                          
JERUSALEM  

by William Blake


And did those feet in ancient time 
Walk upon England's mountains green? 
And was the Holy Lamb of God 
On England's pleasant pastures seen? 
And did the countenance divine 
Shine forth upon those clouded hills 
And was Jerusalem builded here 
Among those dark satanic mills? 

Bring me my bow of burning gold 
Bring me my arrows of desire! 
Bring me my spear! O clouds unfold! 
Bring me my chariot of fire! 

I will not cease from mental fight; 
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand 
Till we have built Jerusalem 
In England's green and pleasant land.
......



I SAW THE MORNING BREAK 
(author unknown)


Ye that have faith shall look with fearless eyes 
Beyond the tragedy of a world at strife, 
And know that out of death and night shall rise 
The dawn of ampler life 
Rejoice, whatever anguish rend the heart, 
That God hath given to you the priceless dower 
To live in these great times, and have your part 
In Freedom's crowning hour. 
That ye may tell your sons who see the light 
High in the heavens, and their high heritage take 
I saw the powers of darkness take their flight, 
I saw the morning break.
......




THE HOLY BIBLE  

by Sir Walter Scott


"Within this wondrous volume lies 
The mystery of mysteries; 
Happy the man and blest his case 
To whom his God hath given grace 
To read, to meditate, to pray, 
To lift the latch and find the way; 
But better he had ne'er been born, 
Who reads to doubt or reads to scorn,"
......

                          .......................


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment