Saturday, March 27, 2021

UN-BREAD FEAST--- SIN AND GRACE

 

All about SIN!

To understand Grace we must understand Sin

TO UNDERSTAND THE MERCY, GRACE, JUSTIFICATION, FORGIVENESS OF
GOD, WE MUST FIRST UNDERSTAND SIN - AND HENCE WHY WE NEED MERCY,
GRACE, FORGIVENESS.

USING  "NAVE'S  TOPICAL  BIBLE"  FOR  THESE  STUDIES


SIN - UNCLASSIFIED SCRIPTURES RELATING TO, DEFINING AND
ILLUSTRATING:


Deut. 29:18. Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or
family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this dray from the
Lord our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest
there should be among you a root that beareth gall and
wormwood.

2 Chr. 12:14. And he did evil, because he prepared not his
heart to seek the Lord. 

Job 14:4. Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

Job 22:5. Is not thy wickedness great and thine iniquities
infinite?

Psa. 25:11. For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity;
for it is great.

Psa. 95:10. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation,
and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they
have not known my ways.

Prov. 4:23. Keep thy heart with all.diligence; for out of it
are the issues of life. 

Prov. 24:8. He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a
mischievous person. 9. The thought of foolishness is sin: and the
scorner is an abomination to men.

Eccl. 5:6. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin;
neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: 
wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work
of thine hands?

Isa. 1:13. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is
no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and petrifying
sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither
mollified with ointment. 18. Come now, and let us reason
together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they
shall bean white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they
shall be as wool.

Isa. 44:20. He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart turned
him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, is there
not a lie in my right hand?

Jer. 7:24. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but
walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil
heart, went backward, and not forward.

Jer. 17:9. The heart is [can be] deceitful above all things, and
desperately wicked who can know it?     

Ezek. 20:16. Because they despised my judgments, and walked not
in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths; for their heart went
after their idols.

Matt. 8:28. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a
woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already
in his heart.

Matt. 12:31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and
blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy
against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. (Mark
:3:29; Luke 12:10; 1 John 5:16,17] 33. Either make the tree good,
and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit
corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. [Matt. 7:17,18]   
34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good 
things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth
forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure
bringeth forth evil things.  Luke 6:45.

Matt. 13:24. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed
in his field:  25, But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed
tares among the wheat, and went his way. 38. The field is the
world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the
tares are the children of the wicked one. 39. The enemy that
sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and
the reapers are the angels.

Matt. 15:2. Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the
elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread? 3. But
he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the
commandment of God by your tradition? 4. For God commanded,
saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father
or mother, let him die the death. 5. But ye say, Whosoever shall
say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever
thou mightest be profited by me; 6. And honour not his father or
his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment
of God of none effect by your tradition. 7. Ye hypocrites, well
did Esaias prophecy of you, Saying, 8. This people draweth nigh
unto one, with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips;
but their heart is far from me.  9, But in vain they do worship
me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.  10. And he
called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 
11. Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth it man; but that
which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth the man. 12. Then
came his disciples, and said unto him, knowest thou that the
Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 13, But he
answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not
planted, shall be rooted up.  14. Let them alone: they be blind
leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall
fall into the ditch.  15. Then answered Peter and said unto him,
Declare unto us this parable. 16. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet
without understanding? 17, Do not ye yet understand, that
whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is
cast out into the draught? 18. But those things which proceed out
of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders,
adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20.
These are the things which defile it man: but to eat with
unwashen hands defileth not a man.

John 8:34. Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto ,you,
Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 44. Ye are of
your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. 
He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,
because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie he
speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rom. 5:12. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world,
and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all
have sinned: 1:3.

(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed
when there is no law, 14. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to
Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of
Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 
15. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if
through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of
God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ,
hath abounded unto many. 16. And not as it was by one that
sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to
condemnation, but the free gift is of many of offence unto
justification. 17. For if by one man's offence death reigned by
one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the
gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
18. Therefore, its by the offence of one judgment came upon all
men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free
gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19. For as by
one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the
obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20. Moreover the
law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin
abounded, grace did much more abound: 21. That as sin reigned
unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto
eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom. 7:7. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid.
Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known
lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.  13. Was
then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin,
that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is
good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Rom. 14:23. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he
eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

1 Cor. 5:6. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole
lump?

Eph. 2:1. You hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and
sins; 2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course
of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

Heb. 3:13. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To
day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of
sin.

Heb. 12:15. Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of
God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and
thereby many be defiled.

Jas. 1:14. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his
own lust, and enticed. 15. Then when lust hath conceived, it
bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth
death.

Jas. 2:10. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend
in one point, he is guilty of all. 11. For he that said, Do not
commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no
adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the
law.

Jas. 4:1. From whence come wars and fightings among you? come
they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? 2.
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot
obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may
consume it upon your lusts. 17. Therefore to him that knoweth to
do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

2 Pet. 1:4. That by these ye might be partakers of the divine
nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world
through lust.

1 John 3:1. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
for sin is the transgression of the law. 6. Whosoever abideth in
him sinneth not [does not practice sin] whosoever sinneth
[practices] hath not seen him, neither known him. 8. He that
committeth sin [practices sin] is of the devil; for the
devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God
was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9.
Whosoever is born of [begotten] God doth not commit sin [does not
practice]; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin
[practice sin] because he is born of [begotten] God.
10. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of
the devil whosoever doeth [practices] not righteousness is not of
God, neither he that loveth not his brother. 15. Whosoever hateth
his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath
eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 5:17. All unrighteousness is sin.

Nave's Topical Bible says: For various phases of, and those
kindred to, this topic, not found under this heading, see
ATONEMENT; CONVICTION; DEPRAVITY: REGENERATION; REPENTANCE;
REPROBACY; SALVATION; SANCTIFICATION; WICKED, THE PUNISHMENT OF.


CONFESSION OF SIN: 

Lev. 16:21. And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of
the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the
children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their
sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him
away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness.

Num. 14:40. And they rose up early in the morning, and gat
them up into the top of the mountain, saying, Lo, we be here, and
will go up unto the place which the LORD hath promised: for we
have sinned.

2 Sam. 24:10. And David's heart smote him after that he had
numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned
greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD,
takeaway the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very
foolishly. 17. And David spake unto the LORD when he saw
the angel that smote the people, and said, Lo, I have sinned, and
I have done wickedly: but these sheep, what have they done? let
thine hand, I pray thee, be against me, and against my father's
house.  1 Chr. 21:17.

2 Chr. 29:6. For our fathers have trespassed, and done that which
was evil in the eyes of the LORD our God, and have forsaken him,
and have turned away their faces from the habitation of the LORD,
and turned their backs.

Ezra 9:4. Then were assembled unto me every one that trembled at
the words of the God of Israel, because of the transgression of
those that had been carried away; and I sat astonied until the
evening sacrifice. 5. And at the evening sacrifice I arose up
from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I
fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the LORD my God,
6. And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face
to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head,
and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens. 7. Since the
days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this
day; 10. And now, O our God, what shall we say after this? for
we have forsaken thy commandments, 11. Which thou hast commanded
by thy servants the prophets, saying, The land, unto which ye go
to possess it, is an unclean land with the filthiness of the
people of the lands, with their abominations, which have filled
it from one end to another with their uncleanness. 12. Now
therefore give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take
their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace or their
wealth for ever: that ye may be strong, and eat the good of the
land, and leave it for an inheritance to your children forever.  
13. And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and
for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us
less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such
deliverance as this; 14. Should we again break thy commandments,
and join in affinity with the people of these abominations?
wouldest not thou be angry with us till thou hadst consumed us,
so that there should be no remnant nor escaping?  15. O LORD God
of Israel, thou art righteous: for we remain yet escaped, as it
is this day: behold, we are before thee in our trespasses: for we
cannot stand before thee because of this.

Neh. 1:6. Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open,
that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray
before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy
servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which
we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have
sinned. 7. We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have
not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the judgments,
which thou commandedst thy servant Moses, vs. 8,9.

Neh. 9:2. And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all
strangers, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities
of their fathers. 3. And they stood still in their place, and
read in the book of the law of the Lord their God one fourth
part of the day; and another fourth part they confessed, and
worshipped the Lord their God, 33. Howbeit thou art just
in all that is brought upon us; for thou hast done right, but
we have done wickedly: 34. Neither have our kings, our princes,  

our priests, nor our fathers, kept thy law, nor hearkened unto
thy commandments and thy testimonies, wherewith thou didst
testify against them.  35. For they have not served thee in their
kingdom, and in thy great goodness that thou gavest them, and
in the large and fact land which thou gravest before them,
neither turned they from their wicked works. vs. 5, 38.

Job 7:20. I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee,  o thou
preserver of men?

Job 9:20. If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me:
if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.

Job 13:23. How many are mine iniquities and sins? make me to
know my transgression and my sin.

Job 40:4. Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I
will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

Job 42:5. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear.
but now my eye seeth thee. 6. Wherefore I abhor
myself, and repent in dust and ashes. 

Psa. 32:5. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity
have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the
Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.

Psa. 38:3. There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine
anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my
sill. 4. For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as a
heavy burden they are too heavy for me, 18. For I will
declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

Psa. 40:11. Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O
Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve
fill. 12. For innumerable evils have compassed me about;
mine iniquities have taken told upon me, so that I am not
able to look up: they are more than the hairs of mine head:
therefore my heart faileth me.

Psa. 41:4. I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul;
for I have sinned against thee.

Psa. 51:2. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me
from my sin. 3. For l acknowledge my transgressions: and my
sin is ever before the. 4. Against thee only have I sinned, and
done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when
thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5. Behold, I was
shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Psa. 69:5. O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are
not hid from thee.

Psa. 73:21. Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my
reins. 22. So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast
before thee.

Psa. 106:6. We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed
iniquity, we have done wickedly.

Psa. 119:59. I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy
testimonies. 60. I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy
commandments. 176. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy
servant.

Psa. 130:3. If thou, Lord, shouldest mark my iniquities, O Lord,
who shall stand?

Isa. 6:5. Then said I, Woe is me for I am undone; because I am a
man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of
unclean lilts.


Isa. 26:13. O Lord our God, other lords beside this have had
dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy
name.

Isa. 59:12. For our transgressions are multiplied before thee,
and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with
us, and as for our iniquities we know them. 13. In transgressing
and lying against the Lord, and departing away from our God,
speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the
heart words of falsehood. 14. And judgment is turned away
backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in
the streets, and equity cannot enter. 15. Yea, truth faileth; and
he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord
saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

Isa. 64:5. Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh
righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold thou
art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, we shall
be saved. 6. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf;
and our iniquities like the wind, have taken us away. 7. And
there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up
himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us,
and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

Jer. 3:21. A voice heard upon the high places, weeping and
supplications of the children of Israel: for they have
perverted their way, and they have forgotten the Lord their
God. 22. Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your
backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art
the Lord our God. 25. We lie down in our shame, and our
confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the Lord our
God, we and our feathers, from our youth even unto this day, and
have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God.

Jer. 8:14. Why do we sit still? assemble yourselves, and let us
enter into the defenced cities, and let us be silent there: for
the Lord our God hath put us to silence, and given us water of
gall to drink, because we have sinned against the LORD. 15. We
looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and
behold trouble!

Jer. 14:7. O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, do
thou it for thy name's sake: for our backslidings are many; we
have sinned against thee. 20. We acknowledge, O Lord, our
wickedness, and the iniquity of our fathers: for we have sinned
against thee.

Jer. 31:18. I have surely heard Ephriem bemoaning himself thus;
Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock
unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned;
for thou art the Lord my God. 19. Surely after that I was turned,
I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my
thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear
the reproach of my youth.

Lam. 1:18. The Lord is righteous; for I have rebelled against his
commandments: 20. Behold, O Lord; for I am in distress: my bowels
are troubled, my heart is turned within me; for I have
grievously rebelled.

Lam. 3:10. Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the
Lord. 41. Let us lift it up our heart with our hands unto
God in the heavens. 42. We have transgressed and have rebelled:
thou hast not pardoned.

Dan. 9:5. We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have
done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy
precepts and front thy judgments: 6. Neither have we
hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy
name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all
the people of the land. 8. O Lord, to us belongeth confusion
of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers,
because we have sinned against thee. 9. To the Lord our God
belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against
him; 10. Neither have we obeyed the voice of the Lord our God,
to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the
prophets. 11. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by
departing, that they might not obey thy voice; 12. And now, O
Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land
of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at
this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

Luke 15:17. And when he came to himself, he said, How many
hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare,
and I perish with hunger! 18. I will arise, and go to my father,
and will say unto him, Father. I have sinned against heaven, and
before. 19. And am no more worthy to be called thy son:
make me as one of thy hired servants. 20. And he arose, and came
to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father
saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and
kissed him.  21. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned
against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be
called thy son.

1 Cor. 15:9. I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to
be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Jas. 5:16. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may he healed. (the context is about physical
sicknesses - Keith Hunt)

1 John 1:8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves,
and the truth is not in us. 9. If we confess our sins, he is
faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from
all unrighteousness. 10. If we say that we have not sinned, we
make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
..........

ARE  YOU  SEEING  THE  IMPORTANCE  OF  SIN?  YES  IT  IS  NOT  A 
PLEASANT  MATTER,  BUT  TO  UNDERSTAND  THE  CHARACTER  OF 
MERCY,  GRACE,  FORGIVENESS,  IN  THE  NATURE  OF  GOD,  WE  MUST 
BE  WILLING  TO  LET  ALL  THE  SCRIPTURES  IN  THE  WORD  OF 
GOD  PERTAINING  TO  SIN, SINK  DEEP  INTO  OUR  HEART  AND 
MIND.  FOR  ONLY  COMING  TO  ACKNOWLEDGE  WE  ARE  SINNERS, CAN  
WE  HOPE  TO  RECEIVE  THE  MERCY,  GRACE,  AND  FORGIVENESS  OF 
THE  ETERNAL  GOD.



Keith Hunt - September 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment