Tuesday, April 23, 2013

End Times Chronology......#16


CONTINUED  FROM  PREVIOUS  POST

4. Longevity will be gready increased.
"No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed" (Isaiah 65:20).
5. Physical infirmities and illnesses will be removed.
"In that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see" (Isaiah 29:18).
"And no inhabitant will say, I am sick; the people who dwell there will be forgiven their iniquity" (Isaiah 33:24).
6. Prosperity will prevail, resulting in joy and gladness.
"They shall come and sing aloud on the height of Zion, and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the Lord, over the grain, the wine, and the oil, and over the young of the flock and the herd; their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more. Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow. I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, declares the Lord" (Jeremiah 31:12-14).
These and many other physical blessings will be abundandy present during the future millennial kingdom.

Christ Institutes a Perfect Government

Scripture reveals that Christ will institute a perfect government in the millennial kingdom. Here are five representative characteristics of His government.
1. Christ's government will be global.
"As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill. I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potters vessel" (Psalm 2:6-9).
"And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed" (Daniel 7:14).

2. Christ's global government will be centered in Jerusalem.
"It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, and many peoples shall come, and say: Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths." For out of Zion shall go the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations" (Isaiah 2:2-4; see also Jeremiah 3:17; Ezekiel 48:30-35; Joel 3:16-17; Micah 4:1,6-8; Zechariah 8:2-3).

3. Jesus will reign on the throne of David.       
"Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: The Lord is our righteousness" (Jeremiah 23:5-6).

4. Christ's government will be perfect and effective.
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called 'Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forever-more. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this" (Isaiah 9:6-7).

5. Christ's government will bring lasting global peace.
"He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations afar off and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken" (Micah 4:3-4).
In short, Christ's government will yield an ideal climate for living on earth. Christ will succeed where all human governments have failed!

Christ Bestows Great Spiritual Blessing

Christ will bring great spiritual blessing in His millennial kingdom. These blessings relate to the wonderful reality that Jesus Christ Himself will be present with His people on earth. Christ being with His people on earth will affect "the spiritual life of the human race to an extent never realized in previous dispensations."5
No wonder Isaiah the prophet tells us that "the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea" (Isaiah 11:9). When we combine this fact with the reality that Satan will be bound during the millennial kingdom (Revelation 20:1-3), we can scarcely imagine the depth of spiritual blessings that will prevail on earth during this time.
The spiritual blessings that will predominate during the millennial kingdom are based on the new covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34). As an outworking of this wondrous covenant, abundant spiritual blessings will shower the earth. Here are seven examples.
1. The Holy Spirit will be present and will indwell all believers.
"I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants" (Isaiah 44:3).
"I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules" (Ezekiel 36:27).
"And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the Lord" (Ezekiel 37:14).
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit" (Joel 2:28-29).

2. Righteousness will prevail around the world.
"I bring near my righteousness; it is not far off, and my salvation will not delay; I will put salvation in Zion, for Israel my glory" (Isaiah 46:13).
"My righteousness draws near, my salvation has gone out, and my arms will judge the peoples; the coastlands hope for me, and for my arm they wait" (Isaiah 51:5).
"Your people shall all be righteous; they shall possess the land forever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I might be glorified" (Isaiah 60:21).

3. Obedience to the Lord will prevail.
"All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you" (Psalm 22:27).
"This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord : I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Jeremiah 31:33).

4. Holiness will prevail.
"And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way....The ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away" (Isaiah 35:8-10).
"You shall know that I am the Lord your God, who dwells in Zion, my holy mountain. And Jerusalem shall be holy, and strangers shall never again pass through it" (Joel 3:17).

5- Faithfulness will prevail.
"Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs up from the ground,and righteousness looks down from the sky" (Psalm 85:10-11).
"Thus says the Lord: I have returned to Zion and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem, and Jerusalem shall be called the faithful city, and the mountain of the Lord of hosts, the holy mountain" (Zechariah 8:3).

6. All the world's residents will worship the Messiah.
"From the rising of the sun to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering. For my name will be great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts" (Malachi 1:11).
"At that time I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech, that all of them may call upon the name of the Lord and serve him with one accord" (Zephaniah 3:9).
"Thus says the Lord of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you" (Zechariah 8:23).

7. God s presence will be made manifest.
"My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore" (Ezekiel 37:27-28).
"Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for behold, I come and I will dwell in your midst, declares the Lord. And many nations shall join themselves to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people. And I will dwell in your midst, and you shall know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you" (Zechariah 2:10-13).

How awesome it will all be!
..........

THAT  IS  INDEED  WHAT  THE  HOLY  SCRIPTURE  TEACH  ABOUT  THE  AGE  TO  COME  -  Keith Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment