Saturday, February 12, 2022

POET'S CORNER #13

 The Poet's Corner

The main truth of Praying

                           



CYRUS BROWN'S PRAYER 


By Sam Walter Foss


The proper way for man to pray, Said Deacon Lemuel Keyes,

And the only proper attitude, Is down upon his knees. 


No, I should say the way to pray, Said Dr. Wise, Is standing

straight with outstretched arms, And rapt and upturned eyes.


Oh, no, no, no! said Elder Snow, Such posture is too proud, A man

should pray with eyes fast closed, And head contritely bowed. 


It seems to me his hands should be, Austerely clasped in front,

With both thumbs pointing toward the ground, Said Dr. Blunt.


Las' year I fell in Hodgkin's well Head first, said Cyrus Brown

With both my heels a-stickin' up My head a-pointin' down. And I

made a prayer right then an'  there Best prayer I ever said. The

prayin'est prayer I ever prayed A-standin' on my head.

......


The reader who submitted this poem said the message it gets

across is that as long as one prays sincerely from his/her heart

it doesn't matter where you are.


To be continued from time to time


No comments:

Post a Comment