Sunday, February 27, 2022

POET'S CORNER #14

 After Each Storm of Life, There's a Rainbow Hope


     The rainbow is God's promise of hope for you and me, And though the clouds hang heavy and the sun we cannot see, We know above the dark clouds that fill the stormy sky, Hope's rainbow will come shining through when the clouds have drifted by.



No Favor Do I Seek Today


I come not to ask, to plead, or implore— I just come to tell You how much I adore You. For to kneel in Your presence makes me feel blessed, For I know that You know all my needs best, And it fills me with joy just to linger with you, As my soul You replenish and my heart You renew. For prayer is much more than just asking for things —It's the peace and contentment that quietness brings. So thank You again for Your mercy and love And for making me heir to Your kingdom above. 



It's a Wonderful World


In spite of the fact we complain and lament And view this old world with much discontent, Deploring conditions and grumbling because There's so much injustice and so many flaws, It's a wonderful world and it always will be If we keep our eyes open and focused to see The wonderful things we are capable of When we open our hearts to God and His love. 



Happiness You Already Have


Memories are treasures that time cannot destroy, They are the happy pathway to yesterday's bright joy.



The  Peace of Meditation


So we may know God better and feel His quiet power, Let us daily keep in silence a meditation Lour. For to understand God's greatness and to use His gifts each day The soul must learn to meet Him in a meditative way. For nature's great forces are found in quiet things Like softly falling snowflakes drifting down on angels' wings So let us plan with prayerful care to always allocate A certain portion of each day to be still and meditate. For when everything is quiet and we're lost in meditation, Our souls are then preparing for a deeper dedication That will make it wholly possible to quietly endure The violent world around us, for in God we are secure..


...........


HELEN  STEINER  RICE

No comments:

Post a Comment