Sunday, December 15, 2013

50 years.... MARY POPPINS movie

YES  IT  IS  HARD  TO  BELIEVE  BUT  COME  2014  IT  WILL  BE  50  YEARS  SINCE  WALT  DISNEY'S  FAMILY  FILM  MARY  POPPINS  CAME  TO  THE  SILVER  SCREEN.

I'VE  JUST  BOUGHT  THE  50TH  ANNIVERSARY  EDITION - BLUE RAY.

I  HAVE  NOT  SEEN  THIS  MOVIE  IN  DECADES.

IT  IS  TRULY  ONE  OF  WALT  DISNEY'S  MASTERPIECES.

IT  STARS  A  YOUNG  JULIE  ANDREWS  as  Mary  Poppins.  It  was  Julie's  first  ever  movie;  she'd  been  on  the  Stage,  but  this  was  her  very  first  movie.  And  she  was  fresh  and  sweet.

IT  STARS  THE  TALENTED  DICK  VAN  DYKE.....not  his  first  movie  but  probably  the  best  movie  he  ever  did.

IT  STARS  ONE  OF  MY  FAVORITE  GALS.....GLYNIS  JOHNS.  And  with  her  pretty  face  and  lovely  eyes,  and  lots  of smiles  in  this  movie......ah  yes  indeed,  when  I  first  saw  her  in  a  movie  about  1949 [when  I  was  7  years  old]  my  Mom  said  to  me  after  it  had  finished,  "What  do  you  think  of  her [Glynis  Johns]."  I  answered,  "She's  got  a  baby  face."  My  Mom  laughed,  but agreed  she  had.  So  anytime  I  saw  her  in  a  movie  or  on  TV,  I  would  say  to  Mom,  "Look  it's  baby  face."

GLYNIS  and  MARILYN [M].......  they  had  to  me  when  they  were  young,  baby  faces,  so  indeed  I've  always  loved  their  movies,  and  they  always  did  good  wholesome  parts,  but  that  was  the  days  when  good  Hollywood  stars  only  did  wholesome  parts [well  true  for  most  of  them].

SO  FOR  ALL  YOU  WITH  SMALL  CHILDREN,  I  RECOMMEND  YOU  GO  AND  BUY  THE  MOVIE  MARY  POPPINS.

IT'S  WHOLESOME,  UPLIFTING,  JOLLY;  THE  COLOR  IS  SUPERB,  AND  JUST  LEAVES  YOU  WITH  A  GOOD  FEELING.  AND  MARY  POPPINS  BRINGS  A  FAMILY  TOGETHER  AS  A  FAMILY  SHOULD  BE.

TWO  THUMBS  UP!!
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment