Friday, April 6, 2012

Mercola.com and fitness

Mercola.com has a very interesting article on "fitness" that shows even a little "strenuous" exercise can have great benefits.

Make sure you read it.

I've told you in the past about Mr. "health and strength" guy - Charles Atlas, the first
Mr. Universe type, but not on steroids, so never had those what I think are "ugly" muscles. He was as they said back in the 1940s 50s 60s like a Greek god. And he never used weights to build his muscles. I remember an article in the 1960s (which showed him at 66 years old flexing his muscles on a beach in California) and the article mentioned he was still bending 6 inch spike nails with his bare hands.

Well his health and strength course (which I still have) taught what he called "dynamic tension" - pitting one muscle against another, or pulling one muscle against another.

So from September to end of June (July and August with the kids horse and pony camp) I go swimming twice a week, and swim as fast as I can, get that heart just pumping. But in-between my fast length swims I do some Charles Atlas dynamic tension exercises, some for the back, some for the shoulders and arms, some stretching and tension exercises from Mr. Atlas also. So all that as well as my horse back riding from Spring to Fall (especially in July and August) .... keeps me pretty darn fit.

Well indeed go read Mercola.com on the article of even a few minutes of intense exercise can have great benefits. And yes remember fast intense walking (which I also do 3 or 4 times a week) has great benefits. So make your "fit" exercise time, enjoyable and what you can fit into your life the best.
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment