Saturday, August 14, 2021

POETS CORNER #2

 

The Poet's Corner

Poems you may not Know!

                            THE POET'S CORNER #2



THE FOUR CANDLES


The four candles burn slowly. 
The Ambiance was so soft you could hear them talking.

The first one said: "I am Peace! However. Nobody can keep me lit.
I believe I will go out." It's flame rapidly diminishes and goes
out complelely.

The second one says: "I am Faith! Most of all, I am no longer
indispensable, so it doesn't make any sense that I stay lit any
longer." When it finished talking, a breeze softly blew on it
putting it out.

Sadly, the third candle spoke in its turn: "I am Love! I haven't
got the strength to stay lit. People put me aside and don't
understand my imporlance. They even forget to love those who are
nearest to them." And waiting no loaner it goes out.

Suddenly... 

A child enters the room and sees three candles not burning. "Why
are you not burning? You are supposed to stay lit till the end."
Saying this, the child begins to cry.

Then the fourth candle said, "Don't be afraid, while I am still
burning we can re-light the other candles, I am Hope!"

With shining eye, the child took the candle of hope and lit the
other candles.
......



WHAT IS LIFE  

by Helen Steiner Rice

Life is a sojourn here on earth 
Which begins the day God gives us birth, 
We enter this world from the Great Unknown 
And God gives each Spirit 
a form of its own 
And endows this form with a heart and a soul 
To spur man on to his ultimate goal - 
And through the senses of feeling and seeing, 
God makes man into a human being 
So he may experience a mortal life 
And through this period of smiles and strife 
Prepare himself to Return as he Came, 
For birth and death are in essence the same, 
For both are fashioned by God's mighty hand 
And, while we cannot understand, 
We know we are born to die and arise 
For beyond this world in beauty lies 
The purpose of living and the ultimate goal 
God gives at birth to each seeking soul - 
So enjoy your sojourn on earth and be glad 
That God gives you a Choice 
between Good Things and Bad, 
And only be sure that you Heed God's Voice 
Whenever life asks you to make a choice.
......

No comments:

Post a Comment