Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'm Back!!

Nope not a quote from Arnold Sh..... (one time Mr.Universe guy) though he is back ... well just a little in the shoot-em up recent movie (The Expendables 2) that also gives a small part to Chuck Norris, the 6 time world champion martial arts fellow, but he just fires a gun in this movie, no fancy martial arts stuff at all from him. It is Stallone who is the main hero and who does the fancy fighting (well sort of but not like Chuck Norris can do).

I'm back from Kelowna B.C. and a week with my Dad. He's doing very well overall for general health. He was 92 August 26th. I arrived on his birthday. And talking of birthdays, I hit the big 70 mark on 9/11 - yes September 11th. But I feel about 50. One sales lady in Kelowna when talking to her about my dad age 92 and me 70, she said "Wow.... you look like 50." I feel like it for sure.

The weather was great very warm and sunny.

I have taken dozens of video movies of my whole trip and am in the process of putting it all up on my Youtube (1horsesrcool). Everything went very smooth for me, and my Dad bought me a neat little trailer to live in while I visit. The guy I bought it from has an orchard and so it will stay there; I had a hitch put on the car and so will pull the camper from the orchard to the parking lot of the Care Center where my Dad is. The trailer has both air-condition and a heating system, so it is usable year round. It will make it much easier for me, at any time of the year, to visit my Dad. I want to try and have a week with him about 5 times a year. Now at 92, I want to see him as much as possible, for who knows how longer he will live; but his health right now is good and I would not be surprised if he lives for a number of years yet.

His mind is still (and always will be now) mixed up on many things, and kinda goes in and out and back and forth - mixing things up, but he does remember much from the past, but much is also gone from his memory; the result of his minor stroke he had last December. He is now in a wheel chair, cannot walk, but can pull himself up on the pole next to his bed and turn around and lay down for an afternoon sleep.
He has learnt to wheel himself around quite well and go out in the warm sunshine that Kelowna has for a majority part of the year.

Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley is a beautiful part of Canada, a huge tourist area, semi-desert, but has many dozens of fruit orchards. You can now see it all on my Youtube; should all be up by the middle of this coming week.

I've finished the series on "LOVE" on my website, under "Christian Living" section. Think I'll do subjects about God, like: The Justice of God and others.

Just about finished uploading the history of the Christian Church from 30 A.D. to 100 A.D. that is under "History" section of my website.

It is the local Cochrane Parade day on Monday - September 3rd - will all being well have Goldie all decked out in her glorious best, silver saddle and bridle. Diane (owner of "Horsesrcool" summer camp) will be there and a few of our summer staff. They say it's to be sunny and about 72 F. so we are all looking forward to it once more. A very popular parade, gets bigger and better each year. Well to give you an idea of its size; takes about 1 and 1/2 hours to pass an given point. Thousands come out, with their families, setting up their chairs along the route, and waving and clapping to us all. All kinds of floats, bands and dozens of different horses and wagons. Yes we have a parade Princess and an "honorable" somebody in a Limo.

Then it's back to teaching for me, back to teaching guitar, banjo, mandolin, uke, and just about anything that has "frets" on the neck. Should be able to get some of my best students to play more songs on my Youtube.

So that kinda brings you up to date over the last week and the next week coming.
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment