Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dying from obesity!

This is a shocking up-to-date fact, on the news tonight. More people in the world are dying from eating too MUCH than from starvation.

Who would have thought it would come to this startling statistic?   But when all the health problems that come from obesity are figured in, the death toll from obesity is higher than death from starvation, for the world at large.

And when it is all boiled down it comes to the fact we have known for decades - eat less, eat more healthy, eat much less fast foods and junk foods, and EXERCISE MORE!!

It does take will-power for sure. Sometimes gaining too much weight can creep up on you, I know for it did with me, and before I knew it I was 25 pounds heavier than I'd ever been in my entire life. This was just last February 2011. I was shocked, and set about to do something about it - the will-power has to be there. I've lost that 25 pounds as of July 2011. And people have noticed, and commented, and I'm sure feeling like an athlete preparing for the Olympics.

I now eat less, go swimming twice a week, going as fast as I can for 10 minutes, then medium fast, then slow, with Charles Atlas dynamic tension exercises between laps. Bike riding in low gear to make those legs work and the heart, is another good exercise. Walking fast, stepping it out, for a mile or so is very good for you. Well whatever it is, just get exercising, make it a part of your regular life.

Whatever action you need to do, do it, and get within your boundary for your height and bone structure. You can find the charts etc. online. Then SET YOUR MIND - get into your weight rage - it will take determination and yes it probably will have to become your way of life - a new way to physically live so you do not become over-weight and especially obese.

Now you know the truth of the matter - more people in the world today die from obesity ( and all the problems in health it brings) than from starvation!
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment