Monday, December 19, 2011

The WAR HORSE book!

For ten Canadian dollars I picked up the paperback edition of the new book "The War Horse" about a week ago. Read the first few chapter some days past, but this Sunday (December 18th 2011) I spent the afternoon finishing reading the book.

It is nice to have book story that is only 182 pages with a kind of double space lines.

The writer Michael Morpurgo is an award-winning master storyteller. What a fantastic story he tells, about a farm boy, a horse, World War 1 and all that takes place before and during and shortly after that war. It is written as if the horse is telling you the story.

The story had me at times with tears running down my cheeks.

It is a book you should all read.

Yes, it is now a major motion picture, coming out this December 25th, well in Canada it is that date.

I will surely go see it. I hope the movie does justice to a wonderful story that the book gives you.

How pleasant to have a story that is not 3 and 4 and more hundred pages long.
..........

1 comment:

  1. Wow Keith I didn't know you had a blog. I want to say thanks for helping me get out of the PCG cult. I think it was you who helped me see Flurry was idolizing HWA. That helped me snap out of it. Perhaps you will add a comment and let us know what you thought of the movie.

    ReplyDelete