Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney Houston dead at 48!!

Well to a surprise of many I did know of Whitney Houston. I was never a fan of her singing per se but she did have a better voice than most.

I did enjoy her in the movie "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner.

So they are showing the rise and fall of Whitney on TV.

Another one of the stars that could not control their life. Rise to the top then bad mairraige, drugs, including cocaine, and alcohol, led to her fall and physical sickness.

I cannot say I had thought much about her in the last number of years, I guess because she was no longer in the limelight because of her failure to control her physical life.

Sad that people who have some talent (we think of Elvis - July Garland) and they throw it all away on drugs and alcohol, and just cannot seem to live a good ordinary life along with their talent and fame. I feel sad for them, that they could not live a long life free from drugs and whatever else brings them down.

Then on the other hand we do have those who had the fame and fortune and did have control in their physical life - sad to think of those who did not - good to think of those who did.
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment