Friday, January 13, 2012

COLD-FX garbage stuff!!

On the Canadian "Marketplace" program (Friday evenings) that I'm watching right now is the famous (at least in Canada) COLD-FX which is touted as being good to prevent and reduce the length of colds, as well as "getting relief right away."

Marketplace had science studies done and they found the COLD-FX ads and information on the container were pretty well FALSE and just about useless.

The package has the Canadian mapleleaf on it with words that lead you to assume it is all made in Canada - the contents in the capsules. The truth of the matter was found by Marketplace .... the powder contents of the pills was from China!

(CBC.CA/MARKETPLACE)

ALL THE COLD PILLS AND POWDER STUFF IN DRUG STORES ARE USELESS - THEY DO NOT PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING A COLD NOR DO THEY SHORTEN THE LIFE OF A COLD ONCE YOU HAVE IT.

YOUR BEST BET IS .... YES LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE - MEANS - GOOD DIET, GOOD REST; GOOD EXERCISE - LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGIES. AND WHEN COLDS ARE GOING AROUND, WASHING YOUR HANDS (AS THEY'VE SAID FOR YEARS). A COLD VIRUS IS PICKED UP BY YOUR HANDS, TOUCHING SOMETHING WHERE THE COLD VIRUS IS ON, THEN TOUCHING YOUR NOSE ETC. I GET A COLD MAYBE ONCE EVERY 5 YEARS. WHEN I GET ONE WHAT DO I DO? I DRINK HOT LIQUIDS - YES THE OLD CHICKEN SOUP STUFF (MAKES YOU FEEL NICE ANYWAY - CHICKEN SOUP IS NICE) AND I UP MY DOSE OF DAILY VITAMIN C TO ABOUT 4,000 MG. AS I'M ALREADY HEALTHY MY COLDS DO NOT LAST AS LONG AS PEOPLE WHO AIN'T HEALTHY. BUT I NEVER BUY "COLD" THIS OR THAT PILLS FROM DRUG STORES - I KNOW THEY ARE USELESS.
......

No comments:

Post a Comment