Thursday, January 24, 2013

FOR PARENTS....


FOR  PARENTS.......
He's a chip off the old block." "She's the spitting image of you." Our children usually resemble us physically in some way or other, but the similarity certainly doesn't end there. It's sometimes astonishing to hear what our children say and to see what they do—and it can be shocking when we realize that these are some of the same things that we have said and done!
A careful person I ought to be, a little fellow follows me. I do not

dare to lead him astray, for fear he'll go the selfsame way. Not

once can I escape his eyes, whatever he sees me do he tries. Like

me he says he's going to be, that little chap who follows me. I must

remember as I go, through summer sun and winter snow I'm

molding for the years to bethat little chap who follows me.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN


As parents, we all have days when we reach the end of our rope with our children. I have found that keeping myself organized and setting routines and boundaries for children solve most of the daily problems. Failing that, grab another rope!


MORNING MEDITATION


When little things irk me,

and I grow impatient with my dear ones,

help me to know

how in a moment joy can take its flight,

and happiness is quenched in endless night.

Keep this thought with me all the livelong day,

that I may guard the harsh words I might say.

When I would fret and grumble fiery hot

at trifles that tomorrow are forgot

Let me remember, Lord, how it would be

if these, my loved ones, were not here with me.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN






















No comments:

Post a Comment